Thursday, February 18, 2016

Todays Darkroom Work

Am back in the darkroom today and through the weekend! Had a 3 days of laying about and finishing off the dentist work (new gold crown). Now I am ship shape, time to get back into the darkroom. I am also in the process of making a major camera purchase, more on that tomorrow. : ) This is going to be fun both the new (mystery) camera and today's darkroom work.

Here is today's darkroom print, I made the colour digi pic with my new used RX100 II Sony camera.

2nd attempt, man carrying garbage, Mae Sot dump
I still need to fix up the borders and do some minor adjustments but I rather like the tonality, contrast, feel and the look of the print.

Printing details:
- Durst condenser enlarger
- 90 seconds f 8 filter 2 1/2
- Dodge lets - 25 seconds each, spread, small dodge tool
- Burn bottom edge +30 seconds, card
- Burn right edge +50 seconds, bent card
- Burn +90 seconds, mask #1 filter -1

Update* Made 4 versions of the print, in the later versions I darkened the whole right side garbage area and also burned the lower left garbage down another 80 seconds at filter -1 with the mask.