Monday, February 1, 2016

Rolleinar #3

I got my Rolleinar #3 lens closeup filter today from Germany. My cost was $200 USD after a $20 discount. It is a very expensive used item but this thing is emasculate. The German's sure know how to build things. Even the packaging of this used item from the German seller was all in. Big box, foam cubes, covered and taped in foam wrap, one zip lock bag over leather case and a second plastic bag over lens. You could have thrown this package out of a speeding jet at 30000 feet and the Rolleinar would not have been damaged! It took me 20 minutes to unpack the darn thing. Soon it will be working in a garbage dump :))

I played around with my Rolleinar #3. I will be able to shoot very close, around 7-12 inches using my Rolleiflex 2.8 Fs. The plan is two shoot closeups of hands, eyes, faces. I will also shoot details of found garbage items. It seems I am continuing to get closer and closer to my subjects, physically, creatively and spiritually.