Monday, February 1, 2016

Forgotten "Families of the Dump" Pics

I found these "Families of the Dump" photos a few minutes ago in a PowerPoint presentation on my iMac. Most of theses pics, I forgot I had made. These were shot I believe on my first trip to the dump in Mae Sot back in May of 2013, all are 35mm. Some are not bad. I will include many 2013 photos in my submission packages to the galleries in my EXTRA DVD section. Not the highest level scans, or the biggest files, but good enough.

I have gotten a lot tighter and personal in my shooting style at the dump. Most of these compositions seem. distant cold, geographically far away! Maybe that is a confidence thing, maybe I feel more comfortable with the families now in 2015, versus then in early 2013. I get much more up and personal in the more recent photographs. I prefer my current work, but this old stuff has a place also. I will probably include of of these in my eventual PowerPoing artist talk presentation. It will be part of my talk in regards to the evolution of the series.