Monday, February 22, 2016

Chamonix Adaptability

One of the main reasons I chose a Chamonix 16x20 over other manufacturers was how adaptable the camera is. The Chamonix company will basically make most everything you might ever desire to fit your camera. For my 16x20 I can get any reducer back (will do 11x14 and 14x17 maybe more). I can get wet plate backs of most any size (will probably get 2 different sizes). I can get carbon fiber lens boards, adaptor boards etc. I can even get a second bellows which will allow for much closer focusing which I might get. Pretty much anything I need or want for my 16x20 camera the good folks of Chamonix have in stock or will custom make for me.

Here is a long list of Chamonix accessories:
http://www.chamonixviewcamera.com/accessory.html

Hans Dekort's double bellows Chamonix 15x20 camera with 24 inch petzval Derogy f4.8 lens and Narita stand (1888)
Photographer Hans Dekort website