Monday, January 18, 2016

More Film

I remember once being criticized for choosing to buy film over going out partying but for me buying film has always been very rewarding. I love dreaming about what could be created with the latest film buy. What moments of time can be captured forever. What photographs can be made. How a piece might have a inspirational impact on others. The power and glory of art baby!

Today Since I have been so happy with the results of the Rolleiflex work I bought another 50 rolls of Tri-x 120mm. When this stuff arrives in a week or so, I will have 100 fresh rolls to take with me to Asia and another 50 or so frozen from before. Not sure how much film I will take this trip but it will be at least 100 rolls of 120mm Tri-x, maybe some Agfachrome as well.

With this buy I also picked up some archival corners and tape for the coming box set(s), and shows (hopefully will get those!). Total cost for everything was $326.25 USD (free shipping to Canada from B&H in New York).

I am expecting great things with the 100 rolls of Tri-x I take with me to Asia. I need to work hard, very hard, so I do not screw this up! Time to go for it!