Sunday, January 17, 2016

Link: HTC RE Video Camera

Picked up this nifty little video camera used on eBay today for $35 USD plus shipping/taxes. Not sure I it will work for me but at that price thought it was worth a go. I want to try to attach it somehow to my cameras (either the Rolleiflex or the 5x7) so I can shoot live video while I am making my photographs.

HTC RE Video Camera
If I can get this to work it will help me with the identification of my subjects. I can get them to tell me there name and age on camera with video and sound. I could also use the footage for my YouTube and Vimeo channels as well as in future exhibitions. My exhibition video from the dump was a huge hit in my last two shows. Doing that again, better and bigger seems a no brainer. I think this camera could add valuable behind the scenes footage. The viewer would get to see colour video of the world the b/w photographs were made in. What a great bonus!

The camera allows for a very wide angle and slow motion settings which should look super cool.
Check out the review link below:
HTC RE Video Camera Review