Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Got My 120mm

Got my 50 rolls of 120mm Tri-x yesterday from B&H (free Canadian shipping!). With that additional 50 rolls I have over 100 rolls total now counting my frozen stuff. I will probably be taking around 100 rolls with me to Asia in April.

Rolleiflex F dump portrait #1
Not sure if I cam going to take a 35mm camera yet. It might come down to the 120mm and the 5x7 film cameras/film only. Will be experimenting with the Plaubel Makina 67 and flash at f2.8 and f4. Hopefully if I can shoot that medium format camera with flash which will allow me to photograph in the dump at night. I could also do some work on the night time streets of Bangkok shooting or even some more sex worker portraits, which I have not done for many years now (African workers in Bangkok?).
Rolleiflex F dump portrait #2
Most importantly with this new film delivery I can now shoot the Rolleiflex F a ton next trip in the dump with the families and the children. What a beautiful and simple camera, combining it with Tri-x allows for some wonderful negs.