Sunday, January 17, 2016

Found Undeveloped Film

Found a bunch of undeveloped transparency Agfa film in my upright freezer. There is one large zip lock bag filled with some old shot film. This stuff is probably dates back to 2003 when I was working on the bargirl series of photographs shot on Soi 6 in Pattaya. I will try to develop these rolls when I do the Rollie Agfachrome testing in the coming months. I need to mix up some E-6 chemistry and do not want to waste what is left over. Developing all or part of this old film or at least after do the Rollie, Agfachrome testing seems the smart way to go.

I do not really like having to shoot Agfachrome, much prefer my Trix but I do not want to waste the film. Maybe some of that stuff has a unfulfilled destiny to hold an important exposure. Maybe some of that old film that has be languishing in my freezer for a decade plus still can do something great. With film there is always the hope of what that neg or slide will be.