Thursday, December 17, 2015

November/December 2015 Trip Scans

Am posting my first 5x7 neg scans from the trip, the negs look beautiful! The 120mm lens seemed to work better than the 210mm for me. With the 120mm your using a shorter focal length than the 210 and also shooting at a smaller aperture f8 versus f5.6. As a result the negs show more sharpness, depth of field etc. I think I might only use the 120mm next trip and shelve the 210mm. The 120mm set at f8 regardless of how much light I have might become my standard. The 5x7 negs are indicated in the titles, the other film formats included below are 35mm and 120mm.

Here are the scans:

Going home from school through the dump
Aung San the father of Burma and the King of Thailand, dump school Mae Sot
Burmese man after his bath, near dump school Mae Sot
Girl #1 Version #2, Mae Sot Dump
14 year old worker getting water, Mae Sot dump
Dump shacks (5x7 negative)
Young brother and sister (5x7 negative)
Preparing to celebrate with local Buddhist monks, Mae Sot
Baby girl Karen refugee, Mae La Refugee camp 2015
Young baby girl in dump, Mae Sot
Baby boy Karen refugee, Mae La Refugee camp 2015