Thursday, December 10, 2015

"In Budda's Path"

Over the last few days I have been thinking a lot about my proposed photography project "In Buddha's Path". The idea is to use a very large view camera (Chamonix 16x20?) and photograph temples, Buddha statues, as well as historical Buddhist sites across Southeast Asia (Burma, Cambodia, India, Nepal, Tibet, Thailand).would also use a 8x10 camera to photograph monks and nuns and other practices of the faith. I would contact all negs in Platinum or Silver Gelatin.

This could turn into a beautiful and important series of photos that would take years maybe decades to complete. Physically it would be very difficult to complete, financially also quite expensive to produce. Still the photos and the stories of my subjects are all that matters. If it is important enough to me I will get it done. You just got to try baby!! No quitting, no surrender.