Monday, November 16, 2015

Today's Photographs And Videos

Today was the first day of shooting the 5x7 at the dump. I did a series of vertical child portraits, a few landscapes and some shots of the bride with her young son. There were also a couple of mistakes made. One when I left the shutter open and removed the dark slide (Duh!) another when a child playing with my cable release triggered an exposure when my back was turned.

The children here get very excited and learn fast when I show them how the camera works. They are then all over the gear, cocking the shutter nod using the cable release, playing with the geared tripod head etc. Sometimes things can get carried away and you can lose a shot like today. Later I will post videos of the kids and others playing with the Linhof. Everyone who looked under the dark cloth was surprised the world was upside down.

Note* The children and others playing with the camera videos are quite fun to watch. Trying to explain how everything works without any Burmese-Karen language skills is problematic.