Sunday, November 15, 2015

Muay Thai Can Be Brutal

Like all fighting sports Muay Thai can be brutal at times. Tonight as I sit sweating in Bangkok's Northern bus station waiting for my bus I am watching Muay Thai boxing with a large group of Thais.

I just watched a tough match that ended in a knockout. At the end of the fight one fierce looking fighter lay semi conscious on the canvas with splattered blood all over his face, a deep cut over his left eye. The other boxer, the winner a very tough looking dude was dancing above his fallen foe spinning in circles with his arms extended like a bird.

A tough tough sport! I need to show of of that in my photographs when I am photographing in the slum gym.

Update* The current Thai reality TV show features a tuk tuk driver eating glass glasses, so far he has munched downed 2 complete glasses, he claims it does not hurt! His mouth looks all bloody.