Saturday, November 28, 2015

Bangkok Photo Projection Night

I attended the Bangkok photograph projection night here last night. The event was held at the Alliance Francaise de Bangkok. I would guess in excess of 200 folks attended, mostly a younger crowd. There were 500 photos projected showcasing the work of 22 photographers. My photos were near the end, and included around 10 sex worker portraits (stuff I found in my emails and forwarded to Mimi a few weeks back). The video section with my work including a written introduction lasted almost 4 minutes.

It was a nice night, a bit of a arty farty crowd but still a nice selection of photographs from some talented artists. I found several of the photographers work shown to be quite strong. There were several documentary projects that were especially good, underage Thai boy sex workers, ultra rich Thai people portraits, transgender portraits and Muay Thai boxers stand out in my mind.

There was also a fashion show afterwards featuring 5 ladyboys and the clothes designer also a ladyboy (am unsure of her name). I guess this designer is relatively famous in her field. Thai TV was at the event covering it for there social news section.

I made a hand held video of the photograph projection featuring my section of images. I will post it later when back in Canada.