Saturday, October 24, 2015

Picking Up The Prints, Goodbye Rosebud

A long day, first my 7th of 12 hour night of security shifts, then a 3+ hour drive down to the Rosebud Gallery. I took mom down to see dad hanging in the space. She got to view the show and gallery and spend some time with him before the prints were taken down. In the end I was up around 24 hours before finally getting to sleep in a hotel in the town of Drumheller Alberta, my head is splitting, it was a long long day.

I am glad I was able to bring mom here today. I also kept my promise to dad, we told him his photos would be shown in Rosebud and they did him proud. Dads photos had a strong effect on many of the Rosebud viewers, bringing up lots of personal memories. I think dad would have been very happy the way it all turned out. Now I need to keep another promise to him, the promise of the "Forgotten Laughter" book dedication, that very demanding project starts soon when I return to the "Land of Smiles".

The entrance to Rosebud hamlet
Dad and I in happier times celebrating our shared birthday, Artist Statement
Mom and dad together again at the gallery today
Here are some photos made of the exhibition visitor sign in book. People from across Alberta as well as some folks from Saskatchewan and British Columbia visited the exhibition. There was even a couple who visited from South Bend Indiana.

"Gets to the soul and core of human relationships, Thank you.", "Humbling + Sad"
"Very Intense", "Very Moving Photography", "Thought Provoking"
"The photo exhibit was astounding!"