Friday, October 23, 2015

People Are Good, Another $70?

People have an underlying goodness that I have seen come out in spades lately over the last few days at work. As long as person knows the money is going to the right people for the right reasons, they are more than eager to help out.

Yesterday during my security night shift I had Chris a trucker I work with come into the guardhouse. We started talking about what was new. I being excited about my upcoming trip started speaking about Thailand. When Chris found out that I could not take all the donated boots because I did not have enough room he offered to pay my guessed cost of $70 for an extra bag.

It turns out the 3rd check in bag will end up costing over $160 so I will not go down that road. Still it was so nice for Chris to offer the money. If he does come with the $70 tonight I will try to get him to donate it instead to the purchase of more food for the families. Then I can move up from $200 to $270 which will buy extra rice and canned fish.

This has all turned out so well.