Friday, October 23, 2015

Packing! Packing! And Repacking

Over the last few days I have been doing extra packing and work around my house after my 12 hour night shifts. Am not getting enough sleep, feel tired tonight.

I have 2 large check in bags packed, both weighing almost 50lbs. I also have a 15+lb bag of film and a camera bag loaded with:

- Leica R6 body and 24mm f2.8 lens
- Leica M6 body and 35mm f1.4 lens
- Rolleiflex 80mm f2.8 with close up lens unit #1
- Cannon 1/2 frame camera
- Digital camera

In the check in bags I am carrying all my 5x7 equipment (hopefully no theft), clothing as well as 50 hats and 3 sets of boots (1 for me, and 2 donations). The $200 is in the bank, ready to be withdrawn and used to buy food in Mae Sot when I am there.

Tomorrow I drive to Rosebud to pick up my show prints from Akokiniskway Gallery, plan on staying over night before returning to Edmonton on Sunday.

Am very tired but high and fuelled by some very positive vibes.

Update: A few minutes ago I got an email from a woman who in the plant, someone I have worked with for around 20 years and not really talked to too much, mostly hi and bye type stuff. She sent a very kind supportive email and ended it this way.

"Your doing a great thing. Bless you!! Travel Safe."

You got to feel good about that sort of thing. We can all make a difference in the lives of others, whether small or large, everything we can do, or try to do matters.