Wednesday, October 28, 2015

First Day of Shooting

I am still recovering from my jet lag but today got out shooting for the first time. A late start after last nights adventures but things went reasonably well. My main goal was to visit old haunts and re-establish realationships.

I visited 3 areas I photographed in back in 2013.

- the Klong Toey slum Muay Thai gym
- the. people who live under the bridge
- the migrant worker housing

The gym had changed substancially, there is new ownership, a new boss. It seemed less professional, fighters less well trained, gym more dirty and congested. The prople under the brdge still live under the same bridge, Khune Oh (a lady) and Khun Pon (a man). I will try to photograph both of them tomorrow in better light. The migrant housing area has been taken over by mostly Thai folks. There are still Cambodian and Burmese people staying there but most folks are very poor Thais.

Things are very different now, 2 years has led to many changes in Bangkok, will the Mae Sot dump be the same??