Friday, October 30, 2015

Feeling More Like Myself

Today was the first day I felt like myself. Went out walking and photographing in 3 areas. I did the 3 places I photographed last trip, the gym, the migrant housing area and people under the freeway. Did about 3 hours of shooting with the Leica's and Rolleiflex. Unfortunately my Rollie on the tripod toppled over damaging the film advance crank a tiny bit.

I ended up doing a number of square format head shots of Khun Oh and Khun Pon (people who live under the freeway), as well as several child heads and Muay Thai boxer heads. I have to limit my shooting of 120mm film as I only have 40 rolls. I need to keep fim to do the dump portraits.

Found out today that Khun Go a man I photographed in 2013 was dead. About 1 year ago he went to sleep on the street and never woke up again. Life in Klong Toey slum can be very harsh. Last trip I found that 3 different people I photographed had died, Go Is the first I know of this trip.