Monday, October 19, 2015

Donations?!

I was hoping to make a donation of $500USD to the families of the dump when I return. The money was going to come from the Swedish TV station that asked about using a bit of my video footage. Unfortunately that deal never happened, the station rep sent me two emails then disappeared. I feel lousy about that.

I still want and need to donate to the families so will make my usual personal donations of rice, and canned fish. I wanted to do a bit more thou. Today I sent a request to some of my bosses at the plant where I work security. I am hoping to get some used rubber boots and some baseball caps from them. I can take the stuff over to Asia in my check in baggage (I have some room in my second 50lb bag), and then give it to the people directly hand to hand when I am in the dump.

Hopefully I can donate a 5 or 10 new baseball caps and a couple pairs of rubber boots, we will see what happens. If the plant turns me down I can take some of dads old second hand baseball caps and donate them. I have a hard time giving away stuff that my father  bought, owned, wore but this is for a good cause. It would be nicer to give away new caps, so hopefully the plant people will come through for me.