Friday, October 23, 2015

A Sweet Man

Well Chris the truck driver man I work with just came in and dropped off some money for the "Families of the Dump" He had spoken to me of giving $70 for an extra bag so I could take all the rubber boots to the dump at the same time.

I told Chris today that the extra bag idea might not be the best way to use his money. Spending an extra fee of $160+ on 3 pairs of used rubber boots was wasteful. I asked him if instead I could use his money ($70) to buy more food for the families. Chris told me "Sure no problem!" Then he counted out 9-$20 bills for a total donation of $180! He had talked last night of giving $70 but instead gave me $180, amazing! Not only was it great that Chris donated the money how he gave it was also really impressive. He had worked all night an had been on the road for over 24hours.Chris had had only 2 hours sleep in his semi truck while waiting to upload stuff from his tanks. So after all of that he came to my plant site guardhouse in his own personal vehicle before going home to give me the money. What a sweet guy!

I got his email address and will send him some updates and photos of how his money is being used from Thailand.