Monday, September 7, 2015

Video: Bleaching The "Dad Stare - Hand" Print

Here is a quick little video of my bleaching work today. I am working on the not so nice Ultrafine Silver Eagle versions of the "Dad Stare - Hand" 5x7 neg 16x20 print. The video angle is not the best as you cannot see the brush work, but you can get an idea of the process. I am using a bleach brush, a bleach squirt bottle (my own invention I think) and a fixer squirt bottle. The bleach bottle allows me to cover larger evenly and effectively, the fix bottle helps activate the bleach. I control where the bleach goes and for how long it stays on the print using the water hose.

Have not done a video for a while, miss that process. I expect to be uploading lots of vids from Thai next trip as I will be taking my laptop with me for the first time. Might do up daily vid logs or partial logs of that is happening. Maybe I can do some practise vids during next weeks Rosebud exhibition trip.