Friday, September 11, 2015

Up To 8

Made it up to 8 chin-ups for the first time last night. It is strange how some days your stronger than others. As soon as I started I thought , this is the night I do 8! I think my all time high 15 years or so ago when I was doing chin-ups was also 8. I would like to reach 10, that is a nice number, not bad for a 51 year old.

Update* A strange thing happened, the day after I did 8 I skipped a day then when I started up again I was able to do 9, tonight also did 9. Not sure why, usually it would take me several weeks or a month or longer to move from one number to another, this happened almost immediately. Maybe I am all charged up by the coming trip and it's giving me super powers : ). The magic number 10, the number of chin-ips I have long aspired to do is ever so close now.

Chin-ups are fine and dandy, but what I want is to build up my core strength. If I have a better core, stronger back, stomach muscles etc, I should be able to carry heavy camera bags longer. I should also be able to carry large format and ULF camera gears a bit better. Who knows if I stay in decent shape I might be able to carry heavier gear until I am 60 even 65.

Number 10 your next!!