Friday, September 4, 2015

Found "My Fathers Last Days" Photos

Today I am looking through many of my father photos trying to find decent size scans I can send to Valerie who is curating the Rosebud show. She needs the scans to make up posters for the show.

 I came across some images I had forgotten about.  These photos might be printed at some later and larger "My Fathers Last days"exhibition dedicated to my my father. All of these photographs were take in the last month of dads life, most were probably made the last  2 weeks.

Dad was always very aware I was making these photos, he would quietly help me as best he could. He knew how important it was to me to make the pictures and he also wanted to be remembered. When your father gives you a gift like this, it is very very special. His love and acceptance of this end life photography is something I will appreciate and remember with gratitude and love until I am on my own death bed. He showed so much courage, right until the end, choosing his own way out when he decided to stop eating. He took a nap that last day and never woke up again (the last photo).

5x7 neg
1/2 frame neg
5x7 neg. Our last time alone together, the photo session when dad passed away.