Monday, September 21, 2015

The Best Part

September 20
The best part of my time in Rosebud was not showing the work but instead the conversations I had with so many interesting and dynamic people. I enjoyed showing the photos (especially of dad) and telling the stories behind them but what I really loved most about this past week was the people I met and spoke to. Some of those conversations will  stay with me for many years, influencing and moulding my thinking. 

It is always great to be around creative people, they tend to think outside of the box, in unique and unusual ways. They do not follow the pack like many of my friends in Edmonton do. The average person lives a more simple life, it usually goes something like this....School-> Ordinary Job-> Marriage-> Children-> Old Age-> Grand Children-> A Couple Of Trips To Vegas->Death. Many of he people I met this trip try and live in uniquely creative ways, they search and reach within themselves for that special elegance.