Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Rolleiflex Test Shots

After running some film through my Rolleiflex F 80mm f2.8 camera (the one I plan on taking to Thai). I found the negs to be RAZOR RAZOR sharp which is great. I am getting some vignetting from my lens hood so will need to correct that. Next I will do some testing with the close up filters. I want to practise composing my tight head shots at f2.8 (handheld and with a tripod). I should be able to make some very good negs with this tool in Thai.

Here are some scans from last week that I made with the cheaper 75mm f3.5 Rollei Automat. I doubt I will ever take the time to print theses pretty negs but I might go back there some day and do ULF wetplate collodion!! That is definitely an option, that could yield outstanding more unique results. Wetplate collodion imagery of pretty much anything is exciting and fresh.

Horse Thief Canyon #1 near Drumheller Alberta
Horse Theif Canyon #2