Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Grant Application Sent

Well my grant application is done, just need to make sure everything is correct with a EAC grant persons help (thanks Justina). I am applying for a $750 Travel Grant from the Edmonton Arts Council EAC. Hopefully I can get the grant which would cover the final part of my air ticket to Asia. Working security I have limited funding so every little bit helps me. Help with the air ticket would also make it easier to make a larger donation at the dump. I will be working on both the "Families of the Dump" and "Forgotten Laughter" photographic series.

I am counting on this travel grant big time. I love the fact that Canada supports its artists through various programs and grants. In the past some of the nastier folks on the right wing of Alberta (my province) society have not supported spending for the arts. I feel it is essential. Art and the creation of art is what makes life worth living.

From an earlier blog:

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 23, 2014

Quote: John Keating (Dead Poets Society)

"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race and the human race is filled with passion. Medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for. To quote from Whitman, "O me! O life!... of the questions of these recurring; of the endless trains of the faithless... of cities filled with the foolish; what good amid these, O me, O life?" Answer: that you are here; that life exists, and identity; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse; that the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?"

Update* The  grant submission has been submitted, "Good luck and god speed John Glenn!"