Saturday, September 12, 2015

Bye Bye Korona 11x14!

Unfortunately my 11x14 Korona purchase on eBay fell through. I immediately paid for the item via paypal but then the seller said he did not want to pay the paypal fees. Perhaps 2 dozen emails later eBay closed the auction after the seller refunded my paypal payment. He wanted me to make a direct deposit to his bank account which I was uncomfortable doing, not sure I would have eBay/paypal buyer protection if I did that. The auction cost was over $3000 CAD, that's a lot of loot. Eventually after the paypal payment was refunded eBay closed the auction, adding to the overall confusion. There was also a language communication issue as English was the sellers second or third language. The emails sent back and forth were not understood on his end or on mine.

Tough luck, I really wanted that camera. I found a online source to get 11x14 Tri-x (Keith Canham) plus I could shoot HP5 11x14. Things were looking good but the seller started to play games. Not sure if he was legit guy or some kind of con artist. Too much money to play around with.

Oh well sometimes these things are not meant to be. I will continue to look online for 11x14 gear and use the money saved from this auction to pay for my van repairs. I think I would like to buy an older model 11x14 Deardorff. If you see one, let me know. : )) Keith Canham also makes a wonderful and light weight 11x14. I will keep watching eBay and see what happens.