Friday, August 28, 2015

Saved $10 USD

Well I got my used 9/10 B+W filter from B&H Photo in New York today. I paid $10 less for my used filter, $25 USD. A new B+W UV 60mm 010 B+W single coated filter cost $34.95 USD (multi coated cost $63 USD, nano coated $79.99 USD). I put the filter on the lens it works as expected, no problems, I like buying used. Having this extra protection on the glass will help in the dump, slums and other lens abrasive places I will be shooting. When this filter gets all beat up, I will have to replace it, hopefully that will not be for at least 5 years.

Maybe I can buy some extra rice for the families with that $10, ten bucks American goes a long way in the dump. I remember a dump worker (an older man) screaming out with joy when he found 20 baht in a wallet (20 baht = 56 cents USD).

Note* What the f-ck is nano coating? All I want is a slightly higher quality filter to protect my Leica lens. I do not need to go all "Mork and Mindy" on this, "Nano, Nano!" $80 American for a filter? You could almost buy a nice used lens with that money. Was looking at a pretty little used Fujinon 120mm F5.6 going for $139-150 USD.