Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Another Advanced Darkroom Workshop

I have another advanced workshop with Stu scheduled for Sunday. I am happy to be working in the darkroom with him again, happy that I will have another $180 for my air ticket but was kind of looking forward to an extra day off. Oh well, being in the darkroom is not really like work, it will be fun.

My schedule over the last bit has been very busy, almost no days off, constant work.

7 regular 12 hour night shifts, followed by 4 OT 12 hour shifts (11-12 hour shifts in a row), 2 days off, then an advanced camera work shop with Stu.

The next weekw almost the exact same schedule. Tonight is night 9 of my night shifts. Eventually it will work out almost the same.

6 1/2 regular 12 hour regular night shifts, 1 stat shift followed by 3 1/2 OT shifts (11-12 hour shifts in a row, again!), 2 days off, then an advanced camera workshop with Stu.

Then I will go right into 7 regular 12 hour night shifts (my regular schedule). That works out to 4 days off in 35 days, most of the work days are 12 hours long.

The good part is with this added workshop (my 5th of the year), I am paying for a good chunk of my Asian air ticket.

Air ticket cost $1243.91 - Workshop #1 $180 - Workshop #2 $180 - Artist fee for Open Digi 2015 $135 = $748.91. If I can get the Travel Grant from the Edmonton Arts Council for $750 (applying for that in September) I will have 100% of my ticket paid for by my photography, no security money wold be used. It would be great if I can break even on my photography costs, photography paying for more photography is a win/win.