Friday, July 3, 2015

Fixed And Updated X 2

Well it looks like my new Rolleiflex Fs will be brought up to snuff by the prime Rolleiflex repairman Harry Fleenor. I have exchanged a few emails with Mr Fleenor over the last few days and will send out the 2 cameras on Tuesday, for estimates and repairs. Getting the cameras up to speed and working at 100% is going to be expensive but these things go for a mint on eBay. I only paid a portion of the 100% working Rolleiflex F price, so after I pay for these repairs I might break even or cost me a bit extra to get everything working properly. With the Maxwell screens plus a CLA and repair by Harry Fleenor who has a very good online reputation I should be able to resell the cameras easily at a high price. First thou I need to use them for a few years : )

I am just happy the glass is good on both Fs, that was my main worry. With good lens in place everything else can be fixed up. I am also going to upgrade both focusing screens to the super bright Maxwell version screens. When these cameras get back to me after a 8 week repair, they should be prime tools of endlessly possible creativity. I will choose one of the two to take with me to Thailand, and possibly the Philippines/Cambodia in February. I think the Rolleiflex Fs are more rugged than my GX which already has some kind of meter problem (battery?). I am trying to rectify the issue with the seller in Japan.