Sunday, July 26, 2015

Today's Day!

Had a busy day today. First I spent 5 hours with Stu in the darkroom doing the workshop. It was a fun time. I got to teach/learn with Stu and also did some testing of a dad neg. We worked on 2 different enlargers, Stu on the Durst 8x10 with his 5x7 negative and me on the Dust 4x5 condenser with my 35mm neg. As a bonus I earned $180 for my airline ticket to Thailand. We should be doing another advanced photography workshop in a month or two again. Next time we will do fibre printing, bleaching, and final processing including toning and an archival wash. Money from that session will also go towards paying for my airline ticket. Doing photography teaching, earning money, buying a ticket with that money and then making more photos is quite wonderful.

After the darkroom session I went and did my first swim in a long long time (over 10 years?). I was huffing and puffing pretty strongly, my old heart a beating away. Like anything with more practise I will get better. I plan on going swimming every 2 weeks now (on my week off), 1 or 2 times. I also did a bit of work in the fitness gym on a treadmill and a bit on the tennis court. I would rather been biking tonight but that is not an option for me after the theft, so I did the best I could do. Tomorrow night I am back to work on my regular nigh shift, not much time off this week! I plan to return to the darkroom and print the rest of the evening. It was a good day!

Three more months or so of training then I will be in Thai making photos everyday.