Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Bought Rolleiflex Rolleinar Close Up Lens

I bought 2 good condition close up lens for my 2.8 Rollies. These close up lens allow for close focus and are supposed to be amazing in their quality and sharpness. There are 3 different sizes (Bay models 1, 2 and 3) and 3 different styles of lens for closer and closer focusing. These packages are made up of 2 lens, one for the taking lens and one for the viewing lens (to correct for parallax issues).

With the Rolleinar 1 on my 80mm lens I can focus from 40 inches to 20 inches.
With my Roleinar 2 on my 80mm lens I can focus from 20 inches to 13 inches.

Now I can do the noble heads I have been thinking of doing in asia. Square format heads from low angles with neutral (sky?) backgrounds. I can focus as close as I want to, will probably use the Rolleinar 1.

Cost of these items was $395 USD plus shipping, far from cheap but much cheaper than any of the other similar close up lens packages on eBay. I hope this purchase will lead to some strong portrait work. I might be able to use it extensively for the "Lost Innocence"project.

Rolleinar 2 Rollei Bay-III
Rolleinar 1 Rollei Bay-III