Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Possible 7 Week Kit

I am very excited about the date being set for my departure back to Asia. I have been thinking about the gear I might take on this short journey.

I need to take my 5x7 camera as I plan on working on my "Forgotten Laughter" project, The Linhof is a big heavy camera, the biggest I have ever shot in the field in Asia (did a 8x10 Masterview in studio). I have a ton of outdated 5x7 film I need to shoot, and this project is perfect for it.

Here is a possible gear kit for my 7 week trip.

-5x7 Linhof camera
-120mm Nikon lens for the Linhof
-150-250 sheets of 5x7 Tri-x
- Gitzo tripod with small lighter head
- Reflector
- Pentax spot meter or handheld Gossen Luna Pro

-Rolleiflex 80mm  f2.8 camera
- Close up lens
- 50-75 rolls of 120 Tri-x

- Leica M6 body with 35mm f1.4 lens
- 21mm f2.8 lens
- 75-100 rolls of Tri-x 35mm

Plaubel Makina 67?
Canon Digital?
Leica R6?
Graflex RB Super D?
A 1/2 frame camera?
2nd M6 Leica body?
Small carbon fibre tripod for the Rollie?

Note* The film numbers might also come down.