Saturday, July 25, 2015

Photo Story; Dad In Bed

Dad with Leica 35mm?, Summer 2014
I remember the day I made this photo, I had to climb on the bed and lay beside him, at his feet, to get the right angle. I remember being careful so I did not hurt him or accidentally lay on his feet which he was having trouble with. He was so frail, dad was always so strong, he could carry fridges up the stairs by himself. He would move stuff around the house and rearrange all the furniture constantly. Those last few years as he got weaker (especially the last year) I did all the moving for him. I would come over to his home and he was ask me to move that sofa here, that light there etc. I miss that now. Dad always like to play with the furniture, moving things this way and that, adjusting and trying to get a certain look. He probably would have been a good interior decorator if had gotten the proper education.

Leica M6 35mm lens at f1.4 with Tri-x pushes to 800ASA, STAND development.