Tuesday, July 28, 2015

More OT

Well the OT is coming fast and furious here in security. I now have another 3 1/2 days of OT next week and and extra 6 1/2 hours of STAT pay. For OT we make time and 1/2 for STAT double time and 1/2. I will be working my regular 7 nights in a row followed by an additional 4.

I have been putting in a ton of work time over the last month. I have already done 11-12 hour shifts in a row, followed by 2 days off and then a photo workshop. Now I am going to work another 11-12 hour shifts in a row followed by 3 off then 7 on again. That's a lot! Still with the stolen bike, and the coming trips in November/December this year and February/March and probably July next year I need the money. I will have more money to spend on accommodations, renting a motorbike, transportation and donations. Maybe I can also buy a new bike at the end of the summer when they are likely to go on sale.

This will be a long long working haul but I think it will be worth it. It is against my nature to turn down work, so I will keep at it. Dad never missed a chance to make some extra money, he was the hardest working person I ever met, not a lazy bone in his body. I need to work harder and follow his good example. The person I am is a result of my father, whenever I get lazy I think about how hard he worked and I redouble my efforts, get off my ass and get things done.

The only difficulty that I can see is that I still need to print for the coming shows. The Open Digital photo needs to be in to Visual Arts Alberta by the 7th of August. I have the print made but still need to do secondary printing on it (bleaching, re-fixing, hypo clear, toning and final archival washing). I will have to manage that after my 12 hour shifts over the next 10 days. I can take it in to the VAA on the deadline day which I have off work. I will have to sleep less over the coming weeks, but it is necessary. This will all work out for the best in the end.