Sunday, July 12, 2015

Living In Small Worlds

So many people live in such small worlds. Sometimes that small world is a result of economics, if you do not have the money to feed your family you certainly do not have the funds to broaden your horizons and life experiences. I understand that many do not have the luck I have experienced in life, the luck that allows me the money to enter all these different worlds. The thing I do not understand is those that are financially independent, much richer than I am who choose to remain in their small worlds. They have the finances but not the drive to expand into new realms. It is like they lack the curiosity to see what's on the other side of the highway. They live day in day out in the same situations, having the same experiences, the same ho hum routines. I have never been able to understand that mentality.

One of the great joys in life for me is the doors that have been opened for me. I think back over my life experiences mostly as a direct result of my photography and I feel so happy. I would never give up those memories, those learning situations, those lives I have shared, the laughter, the tears, the sorrows and joys. Gosh if I had stayed in Edmonton, never made photographs and did the average Joe life thing, I would have missed out on so so much.

I cannot wait till I am back in Asia again soon, finding new adventures, meeting new people, creating and experiencing new worlds. The wonder and sheer joy of living continues.