Friday, July 3, 2015

It Is All Coming Together.

It is all coming together now. I have 2 different shows to prepare prints for. The single print of dad in barred sunlight for the Alberta Open and the multi print show of around 30 photographs for the Rosebud exhibition. In less than 4 months I will be in Thailand again making photographs for 7 weeks. In February of 2016 I will be in Asia yet again, possibly the Philippines where I will continue the work on the "Forgotten Laughter"project for another 5 weeks.

Everything is lining up, the drive to create, the gear, the money, the workouts, and the holiday time from work (even without the leave!). It is all rushing forward at me, it will all be happening within a short period of time. I will very many photography related experiences over the next 8 months.

When I return to Canada from the second trip in March I will have time to develop all my film, choose the strongest work and then design the book. First I will make everything up in Blurb magazine form, I need to have a hard copy sample version I can send to potential publishers.

Over the coming months I will pay off my silly camera purchase debts, continue to work on my physical conditioning and complete the preparations for the exhibitions. I also need to get my traveling paperwork in order, a new passport, visa etc. The suitcases also need to come down from the attic, it is almost time to start packing!