Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Day Books (Photo Diary?) Thoughts

Been thinking today about how I need to do the "Forgotten Laughter" daybook/photo diary project. I want to bring in material from multiple sources, the blog, my hand written notebooks and diary, image scans, contact sheet scans, digital photo of all types, captures from video etc. I was thinking I might also try to take souvenirs I find and incorporate them some how. A rusty bolt form the dump (scanned? photographed?),  found paper, and other dump rubbish. I could include airline/bus tickets, scans of money. Quotes from my subjects, quotes from people I meet. Basically anything visual or audio is a potential source to add to the daybooks. I want to make the books, scrap book like, compelling to browse through, interesting and strong visually to all.

Today's thoughts were on how to categorize everything so that when I am home in Canada again I can put it all together in some cohesive way. Maybe clear plastic bags for each week of accumulated hard copy stuff, and placing each days digital photos in dated folders. I might also have to place my film in marked dated bags so I know exactly when and where I shot them. I also of course need to organize all my view camera portraits so I know who each person is, their name, their age and any other relevant info.

This will take lots of organization, not my strong point but it is necessary.

Update* Been thinking of a possible name for this book project idea. I kind of like Daylogs or Dailies and Day Journals simple and straight on descriptive.
- Daybooks (E Weston owns that one)
- Photo Diary (already used on this blog)
- Daylogs
- Picture Posts
- Picture Diary
- Dailies
- Daylies
- Daily's
- Dayleries
- Photologs
- Phologs
- Fologs
- Blurbs
- Photo Blurbs
- Journal
- Photo Journal
- Daily Journals
- Book Journal
- Journal Dailies
- Day Journals