Wednesday, July 22, 2015

2017 Alberta Biennial Submission (Alberta Gallery of Art)

Almost finished my submission for my first Alberta Biennial attempt. I plan on making the Biennial submission attempt an annual thing. It is a long shot but why not try? My work is heartfelt and very committed maybe it can find a place in this prestigious show at this major museum. If not today, then some day in the future.

I have all the paperwork completed. I hate writing those artist statements, art concepts etc you end up sounding like a arty farty jackass. I still need to do up the photos which I have enough of on my hard drive. I thought I might have to scan a bunch of negs but I think I have adequate material already scanned. They ask you to submit 10 samples of your work (a portfolio) and then 1 image as part of a artistic concept. I will do 10 photos of a variety of subjects then submit one of the "My Fathers Last Days" photos for the artistic concept. 

I am putting everything on a USB stick and will hand deliver it to the gallery on Saturday. The deadline is Sunday July 26th for those Alberta based artists interested in trying.

Update: I finished off the submission. It is great to be able to work and get paid OT and have time to work on my photography submissions. This is something I will lose if I go ahead with my plans to leave next year (assuming I do not get a leave). Anyway another long shot submission is ready to go. I just have to buy the stamp for the return envelope. I want them to send me back my USB stick so I can use it on next years Biennial 2018 failed submission : ))