Sunday, July 12, 2015

Day Trip To Moms Childhood Farm

The day with mom visiting her old farm (nothing much left) and her old high school, the church she married dad at, graveyards etc was fun but more tiring than I thought. I only had about 4 hours sleep and drove around 5-6 hours during the day, plus was photographing, so was quite worn down by the end. I took way to much gear which was a mistake but I ended up using all the cameras at least a bit. I am still in the process of figuring out what I want to take with me to Asia, so that was the reason for all the cameras.

The 5x7 was a bitch to carry, I hope I have not waited to long to use it. Am I too old now to shoot 5x7 in Asia? I need to improve my overall condition even more if I expect to lug around this very heavy camera, plus meter, lens, holders, tripod and reflector in the very difficult and trying conditions of South East Asia.

My list of gear yesterday included:

- 5x7 Linhof (and extras)
- 4x5 Graflex (and extras)
- Rolleiflex Automat
- 35mm Leica
- Canon Demi