Thursday, June 18, 2015

Sputnik Has Landed

The Russians are coming, the Russian are coming, yep their here now, welcome comrade! I got my 100% genuine black plastic Sputnik stereographic camera today. Nothing says quality like cameras that came out of factories that also made tractors, populated by baba workers in babushkas, back in the days of Soviet Union world supremacy. Long live "Mother Russia".

Anyway : ) the camera looks quite nice, its a bit primitive but should do a adequate job especially for the low price of $95 USD. Overall the Russian workers seem to have created a good working tool. This will be a fun toy to play with, I got my Holga viewer earlier this week so now I can do up some 3D transparencies and maybe even some 3D black and white print cards. My stereo photography era has started!

My Sputnik Stereo Camera, around 1955 Russian made.
Looking through the funky viewefinder, focusing screen