Monday, June 8, 2015

Link: Quoted?!

I think this is the same article as the one I posted before but it also seems different This story was only posted on May 23, 2015. I am quoted (sort of a weird feeling to be quoted) in the article, not sure where they got my quote from probably from the interview Slate.com did a while back.

https://patohh23.wordpress.com/

Here is the part of the article that mentions the Yaum guy. Not sure I ever said the words ALL OF THEM OF THEM ARE POVERTY-STRICKEN. Once you start saying like ALL your bound to be wrong. Terms like ALL are very black and white, real life is more grey than that.

Another strange thing about this story, they quote me directly yet do not have any mention of me in the extensive references at the bottom of the page.

Here is my quote part of the story.

Canadian photographer Gerry Yaum has made a documentary with regards to Thailand’s sex industry. He has been visiting Thailand many times with the intent of raising awareness about the situations by documenting the sex workers and sharing their stories to the world.
According to Yaum, many Thais seeks saw that being a sex workers is their only means of supporting their respective families. As all of them are poverty-stricken, they drawn to become a sex worker because technically it is more profitable than any other works, aside from the fact that you don’t need to become a degree holder to become one.