Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Lensboard For My Graflex, A Shot In The Dark

Bought a wood lens board for my Graflex and brass barrel lens. This purchase is a real shot in the dark, maybe I will hate the look of the lens. The lensboard is also pricey $47 USD for the board, the 60mm hole cut and shipping to Canada. This could be a huge plus if I like the lens neg look or a total waste of money if the lens does not work for me.

The way I rationalize spending the money is I bought the lens several years ago (for several hundreds of dollars) and have never used it, so paying another $47 at this point is no biggy. At least now there is a chance to use the lens, possibly to use it a lot.

Update: I found a cheaper online option, $18.99 plus shipping with a free hole cut. This price makes it less of a gamble. If this works I might also experiment with more types of lens and the Graflex.