Thursday, June 18, 2015

Graflex Shot

Here is one of the 1/30 of a second Graflex shots from yesterday morning. It is pretty hard to hold a SLR with a 190mm lens steady at 1/30 of a second. Out of the 6 photos I made (6 fit into the Grafmatic back) this was the sharpest of the bunch. Contrast and some burns were added in Photoshop elements. I might try printing this neg next week off, possibly during my tuesday darkroom workshop.

Update* I just remembered there is a way to raise the mirror before exposure. I am not sure thou that I can also trigger the shutter with the mirror raised. This might be a method to try to eliminate some camera shake at 1/30 of a second. With the mirror up and settled down there would be less vibration. The problem then would be of course you would lose the ability to compose.

Graflex Super D with Ektar 190mm lens, F5.6 at 1/30 handheld