Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Got The Rolleiflex Camera #2 Today, My Rolleiflex GX

Got my Rolleiflex GX in the mail today, no extra charges which is great. My first impression of the camera is that it is a bit more plasticky than my Automat. I do not like the plastic pieces as much as I do the metal versions. The clip closing system for the film back is also of cheaper design, it is made of medal but with less quality than before. Most everything else feels and looks the same. I love the metering system and the glass of this newer GX version. The lens are multi coated so should be of better quality than the older camera. The camera has TTL flash as well, that might come in handy someday. Another feature that is quite wonderful is the bright bright focusing screen. The screen on the Automat is a tad dark, especially indoors. I am going to get and read the GX manual online tonight and shoot a roll of HP5 in the coming days. I will post some sample scans here.

Here are stats I found on my camera from the wonderful historical Rolleiclub site.
Rolleiclub.com

Rolleiflex 2.8 GX Model 1 - Model K7GX

Highslide JS
August 1987 - March 1994,10,200 pieces.
Serials:2.985.501 - later coded
Taking lens:Rollei Planar HFT 2.8/80, bayonet 3.
Viewing lens:Rollei Heidosmat 2.8/80, bayonet 3
Shutter: Synchro Compur X, 1 - 1/500 sec., B, X-sync., self timer.
Film: 120 for 12 exp. 6x6
Film Transportation: winding lever with auto stop on first exposure, exposure counter for exposures 1-12. Blank film pressure plate.
Built in TTL exposure metering with additional flash control via SCA 356 adapter.
Dimensions:10.9x10.8x14.7cm.
Weight: 1,235 grams.
46

My Rolleiflex GX