Sunday, June 7, 2015

Bought A Sputnik Stereoscopic 120mm Camera

Bought my first ever stereoscopic camera today. It is a Russian made Sputnik. I ended up buying it for a very good price, $94USD and $35 for shipping from Moscow. This will be my first Russian camera, and my first 3D stereoscopic camera. The camera was supposedly checked by a photography technician and should be in 100% working order. It looks pristine in the photos.

I hope this thing will be fun to play with, might even try showing some of the work eventually. It is supposed to make stunning 3D transparencies so that is probably the way I will go with it to start. I hope it arrives before the Edmonton Society of Photographers meeting I am hosting on the 28th. I would like to show both this camera and the Graflex RB Super D.

In my new foray into stereo cameras, I might also get me a digital and a 35mm, if I can get them cheap. The way I figure it these cameras are basically the price of a very good quality single meal for 2, I would simply rather have the camera over the food! It is so much fun to handle and shoot these things, why not enjoy them! I do not drink or smoke, do not party or do drugs, but playing with cameras, making photos, is my thing! Let's have some fun!

My Sputnik