Monday, May 11, 2015

Visited Dad

Did a 59 minute bike ride down to dads grave and back to the house today after my 7th 12 hour security night shift. I am on days off now, tonight I will take mom out to Red Lobster for mothers day (one day late). I figured since I would not be able to do cycle later on tonight I better do it right after work. I pushed quite hard on the bike today, I think I did some good work especially coming back (uphill).

When I got to the grave I spent 10 minutes or so with dad, told him what was happening. I talked to him of work, of mom, of missing him and of the new camera I bought.

I want to try and cycle 3 or 4 times this week, I also have to plant the garden and do some yard work. I think the physical fitness/watching my diet stuff is progressing nicely. I feel a bit lighter, a bit more limber and the stairs and push ups etc. seem to be getting easier even thou I am doing more of them. By November when I return to Thailand to work on the "Forgotten Laughter" photos I should be in pretty decent shape, certainly better shape than when I started.