Monday, May 18, 2015

Today's Exercise

Did some garden work, planted peas, carrots and onions. Then I got on the bike and 22.3 kms over 1 hour and 5 minute of riding time. Went down to the graveyard to spend time with dad, told him about the stuff that was happening.

I also took my Making 67 and shot 3 rolls, all of stuff I rode past. The camera was fun to shoot. I wanted to do F2.8 shooting but there was way to much light. I would only have been able to stop down to about F/11 or so with a shutter seed of 1/500. I ended up shooting the pics at 1/125 and F22 or 1/250 at F16. For the most part I used the scale on the camera and did zone focusing. I will post some of those pics later. I need to buy some 58mm neutral density filters which would allow me to shoot wide open and get the bokeh I love.

Update: I found a 58mm ND 8 (+3 stops exposure when using) in my collection of photo gear. One of the advantages of buying everything photography related for 36 years is that you have lots of stuff. Stuff that you did not even know you have, you have! I am not sure if I need the ND 4 version, this ND 8 which was made in Japan (good quality) should be enough. Today instead of shooting at 1/125 and F 22, I could have put on the ND 8 filter and shot at 1/500 and F 4 maybe F 2.8 1/2 (a bit of overexposure). Allowing me to get the bokeh look I wanted. The filter is now in my camera bag for next time.