Friday, May 15, 2015

Plaubel Makina 67 Initial Thoughts

I loaded some 120 Tri-x into the new Makina 67, here are my intial thoughts.

- The camera is in excellent almost new condition even thou it is probably over 30 years old.
- I love the rangefinder and knob focusing near the shutter button. Focusing is smooth and easy.
- The camera is a bit awkward to hold with the bellows etc.
- Using the built in meter seems easy.
- Changing the shutter speeds and f-stops will take some practise.
- The camera is very compact when folded thou a bit heavier than I expected.
- Everything seems very well made, you can tell this is a high end tool.
- The lens is impressive and very clean, no nicks or marks.

I will make photos and post scans over the coming days. Here is hoping the bokeh is as amazing as advertised! Hopefully I can make hundreds of portraits with this camera over the next 5 years,

Todays stuff, Nikons V 28mm, Diane Arbus book, and the Plaubel Makina 80mm.