Monday, May 18, 2015

On A Mission

I am on a mission now, the mission is to prepare for my return to Southeast Asia in November. I need to get all my ducks lined up well before that.

Some of the things I need to do:

- Drop weight. I am too big to effectively work in the field.
- Gain some strength, aerobic conditioning as well as flexibility. Which will help my stamina.
- Work with my new Makina 67 to become more proficient with it.
- Shoot the 5x7 with 120mm lens so that I can work faster and more effectively in Asia.
- Learn more Burmese, Thai and Khmer. My language skills need to improve.
- Plan and write about my projects, so that when I am in Asia I will know a general path to follow.
- Prepare all the gear and film I will use. I believe I might need to buy a bit of 120 film but have all the stock I need of 5x7 sheet film and 35mm bulk Tri-x.

I need to work hard over the next 5 months or so at these goals, so that when I arrive in Asia I can get the ground running, and creating effectively.